WARNING: This blog is for ADULTS ONLY. Not work safe. Links to ADULT content.

Sunday, September 05, 2004

My Period Started Today

On the 36th day after my last period. Turns out our friend Betty's period started today too. She lives over the mountains from us but visited a couple of weeks ago. Is it possible we're synchronizing anyway because of our connection?

It surprised me today . . . after breakfast I started cramping: fast warning signal contractions . . . not too painful, but indicators I should take an anti-inflammatory if I didn't want them to get worse. As usual, it began as a smattering of "swampy" discharge (that's how I refer to that early or late colored menstrual gunk that ranges from brownish-purple to tan to brown to blackish red). I quickly put a plug in it, my mom arrived for a visit celebrating her birthday, we sat down on the couch for a while. I was cozy with a foot up on the couch, my legs spread open clad in some comfortable new grey yoga pants and a hot water bottle cradled in my arms resting against my belly . . . and the next thing I know Tucker stops as he's walking by me to take his own seat, squints in the direction of my crotch, and told me, "ummm. . . looks like you're bleeding through there." Dammit!! In my new cozy pants -- already a stain! Normally it takes at least six hours for my period to really start flowing after I get the swamp signal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home